Saturday, April 5, 2008

Search

God has a very special place in our system and that is our head. Yes, you read it right he is in our HEAD. Many are prone to intellectualize the existence of God. I could even say that we love God with our head but not with our heart. FAITH becomes knowledge, and there is no more excitement in each pray-er's prayer life.

We see God as a strict ruler than a loving father. Maybe the curse of seemingly prayerful is that he/she prays mechanically and does not have any direct paternal contact with our God.

I've been with the Salesians for the past twelve years, and it was in high school that i had the most intimate relationship with God. It was there that I was more active in the church.

When the time came for me to answer HIS call, it was then that I began to enthrone GOD in my majestic head, pushing myself to understand HIM and forgets the intimacy that I had with HIM. The biggest problem was that I no longer see HIM as a significant actor in my Movie (MY LIFE).

It was a bit sad that I always teach my students to pray and have at least a moment with God,but i myself don't practice what I've shared to them. I came to a point that i never prayed for the whole home vacation. I wasn't deeply motivated to pray.

Silencing one's self is a way of hearing, seeing and feeling God. When we silence ourselves we expand the horizon of our senses and we have a better view of our nature. The previous unseen things magnifies during the course of silencing. We focus on things we don't usually give importance before: ants lining, a falling leaf, gush of the wind, chirping of the birds, the dripping of water and many more. Through these small things God manifest himself and communicates to us. the closer we are in nature the closer get to God.

Through silencing exercise, many revelations came and God showed also my weakness as a person.

It was then that I experienced consolation. He is the God of silence, and in Silence I found God; or rather he found me.

No comments: